Tuesday, September 17, 2013

XBMC Media Center

XBMC Media Center is one of my favorite open source software’s. XBMC allows you to play back and stream all audio, video, and picture formats out of the box.  This media player software can be used on Linux, Mac, and Windows.  Users like XBMC because of the ability to customize the platform and how easy it is to navigate through the application.  XBMC is mainly written in C++. Originally XBMC started off as Xbox Media Center for the original Xbox console. Also XMBC are starting to appear on smart TVs.


I have XBMC installed on my Mac, the software works very well and it is very easy to use. With XBMC I added music from my iTunes library to my XBMC media library.  XBMX allows you to add music, videos, picture, and programs.  Currently on my XBMC library I only have music and videos. The first time I seen XBMC in action it was by a student who installed XBMC on his Raspberry Pi.  The guy had over 40 movies and more than 1000 songs stored in media center. XBMC is an application that can be use to have all your entertainment files in the same application.  This could be an easy application for High school students to install and mess around with and get use to the dealing with open source software. With XBMC you have to do deal with transferring of files to different locations so that when you files are on the XBMC application.  XBMC is something that people who aren’t very technical a chance to create something nice and have fun with it. Most people who use XMBC enjoy. Download XBMC to you machine and try it out for yourself. I bet that you will like it and be eager to explore what it has to offer.

Here is a link that will help you learn about XBMC:

No comments:

Post a Comment